Valentine’s Day is this weekend, and I’ve got matters of the heart on the brain – and not in a romantic way (although I’ve got that, too). I’ve been thinking about literal hearts. They are pretty mesmerizing when you think about it. Your heart generates life, and – if you were to ask Plato – it generates love. Did you know?
- Your heart beats approximately 100,000 times a day.
- The term “heartfelt” originated from Aristotle’s philosophy that the heart collected sensory input from the peripheral organs through the blood vessels. It was from those perceptions that thought and emotions arose.
- Every day, the heart creates enough energy to drive a truck 20 miles. In a lifetime, that is equivalent to driving to the moon and back.
- Evidence shows that heartbreak is more than just a metaphor – breakups can cause actual physical pain in your heart.
- Because the heart has its own electrical impulse, it can continue to beat even when separated from the body.
- Plato theorized that reasoning originated with the brain, but that passions originated in the “fiery” heart.
- The sound of your heart beating comes from the clap of your valve leaflets opening and closing.
- Eating dark chocolate every day reduces the risk of heart disease by one third.
- Couples who are in love synchronize their heart rates after gazing into each others’ eyes for three minutes.
- Your heartbeat changes and mimics the music you listen to.
The team here at Don’t Panic Mgmt decided to put together our own list of Heart Beats (get it?) for your listening pleasure, and I’ve got to tell you, there are a lot of songs with the word “heart” in the title! We took a little bit of an unconventional approach, so you won’t necessarily see the classics here (Total Eclipse of the Heart, anyone?), but these beats are sure to put your heart in motion this holiday weekend. Enjoy! And Happy Valentine’s Day.
Get tasks off your plate faster with the VA Starter Kit!
Ready to meet your perfect VA match?
Focus on your best. We'll handle the rest.